Friday, June 24, 2011

Stick a Fork in Me....I'm DONE!!


Today I was a mother of two. My own and Luke. Having two boys 19 months apart is a LOT of work and I praise God that we didn't have an "oopsie baby" when we weren't ready. Right now at their ages it's actually nice. They can both walk/run/play with each other, they get along really great for the most part with very few tears or fights. It's just a ton of work to clean up after these boys and keep them full! Braden had a good 2 hour nap this morning and Luke was pretty mellow and watched a movie so I took it upon myself to finish taping off and painting the crown molding in the dining room and family room, which is essentially why I'm so tired! I did the kitchen yesterday. I know you can't tell it's painted in this crappy picture...but I can and I'm SO happy it's done. It was a pain in the butt, but it's done and I'll never have to do it again!

I'm officially DONE all the doors/windows/trim/baseboards in this house. Upstairs. I shudder to think about doing the downstairs, but that'll all come very slowly I'm sure! Then we had to clean up, I had a little helper who was VERY interested in how my Bona mop worked!


So for the first time this week I'm not doing ANYTHING tonight. No more painting, no baking, no cleaning...just NOTHING! A very brief thunderstorm just rolled through too
Storm's a brewing!
And I meant to post this pic the other day, the first day of summer (June 21) but never got to it...isn't it beautiful?
Happy 1st Day of Summer!
Have I mentioned how much I love this country? Not just Canada, or Alberta...but right here on the farm. It's quiet and peaceful...with the most amazing clouds! Also here's a pic of what Gus is doing on the couch right now, he is ADORABLE and looks so comfy!

sarah