Sunday, October 2, 2011

Itchy B!tch & A Walk!

So Kihei, our dog, got very injured with a porcupine run-in last week. I had to take her to the vet for quill removal, she got them really deep in her "wrists" and the right wrist was very swollen for a few days and she was limping on it too, poor girl! Anywho, when we were at the vet I noticed some "bugs" on her fur. "Oh, gross! She's got little bugs on her - I'm sorry!" I say to the vet tech. Ummm....apparently those are FLEAS!!! GROSS!!! We've treated her prophylactically for fleas in the past, as this is apparently flea season and everything from mice to (apparently) porcupines can carry fleas. I gave her the flea medicine which is supposed to kill them instantly as soon as they bite her, and this medicine circulates in her bloodstream for 1 month. Well...she's been itchy before, but now 1 week later...she was going to town when we went for a walk the other day!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
The Noble Husky
So away we went on our walk anyway! Me, Braden, Luke, & Kihei...
Going for a Walk
Going for a Walk

Going for a Walk
I was about to tell Luke "Stop playing in the dirt - yucky!!" Then I remembered I saw somewhere...
Boy - A noise with dirt on it!
...and it all made sense and I didn't tell him that! And then Braden started wandering off in the stubble...but I got him back!
Picnik collage
Me and My Little Shadow

Time to go back home...
Run, Husky, Run!!!
Going for a Walk

Home Sweet Home
And this goes to show, I'm not perfect. This happened in less than 30 seconds...I swear!
What's wrong with this picture?
Hope you had a great weekend, we went to a fun wedding which I'll blog about tomorrow! Don't forget to vote for us daily and like us on Facebook please! :)
sarah
Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.comVisit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

7 comments:

  1. Those photos of Kihei should be put to "The Hokey Pokey"... you put your right paw in, you put your right paw out, you put your right paw in and you scratch with all your might!! LOL

    You should stop taking photos, and start watching the children!! LMAO! JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's awesome. which one did you go for first? it's amazing how fast those situations can appear. and "stop playing in the dirt" - i used to care, but now i'm just used to him having dirt smudged on his face, and black hands and nails. i'm actually thankful that he doesn't mind being dirty. what is a boy without dirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, at least they have a lot of open space to run! Sometimes I feel like baby boys are like dogs--they need to exercise in order to stay sane. Maybe I need to teach mine to fetch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the cutest dog! I love the diagram you wrote with brayden running away! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the natural lighting in those pics. Your blog is awesome Sarah, and your family is beautiful!

    Katie Zanusso

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your land is gorgeous. I'm definitely a city girl but I do love me some beautiful prairie backdrop!
    That shadow picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura...I didn't have to go for anyone! Lukey walked away when I asked him and we caught up to Braden in no time! :) THEY ARE SO FAST!

    Thanks for the lovely comments...

    Katie, you should follow the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!