Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Christmas Questions - Join in!
Oh, Christmas is around the corner! Can you feel it?! I'm so excited. Christmas with a child is just above and beyond what I ever could have expected...it makes me feel like a child again! Jess at I ROCK SO WHAT did a post answering these questions, so I thought I'd join along...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog! I'm sooooo excited for egg nog, but I never drink it before December 1st and try to limit my quantities. I was 32-36 weeks pregnant 2 years ago over the holiday season...and I'm pretty sure my egg nog consumption was why I gained like 8 lbs in the last month - whoops!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sits presents under the tree at our house! I know I'll eventually love seeing that look on Braden's face when he sees instantaneously what Santa brought him!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I used to love colored...but now I'm all about white. Looks crisp and clean. Maybe colored on the house?
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I'm pretty picky about who I kiss, I don't hand 'em out for free!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I generally do it December 1st...but I'm having an early Christmas party with our friends on November 26th so I will decorate next week! I'm actually really itching to do it now...and some decor is up already because I bought some last weekend and didn't want to haul it downstairs to have to bring it back up in less than 2 weeks!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Lobster! We do steak & lobster every Christmas Eve with my family.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Probably being teased by my Grandpa T and Uncle Steve that we "had to go on a walk after supper and look at alllll the nice Christmas lights before we could open presents"! It just killed us as kids! I also remember getting together with all my Burrell cousins playing in G&G's basement, and that was tons of fun too!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly can't remember. I do remember correlating Mom's handwriting with Santa's! I also think I found a Santa present downstairs before Christmas...and then I kinda knew.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all our gifts on Christmas Eve! It's the best!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have brand new 9 foot pre-lit tree, I will decorate it with red, white, & silver Christmas ornament balls, silver ribbon and then some personal ornaments from years past. When our house it completely finished, I'll also put our 7 foot pre-lit tree downstairs and do a frosty blue, silver, & white tree...like I had last year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love/hate. I love it on the ground...it looks so pretty and I need it for Christmas, but I hate the driving conditions that come with it.
12. Can you ice skate? I don't know if you know, but I figure skated competitively until I was almost 16, so yes...yes I can skate.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes - our trip to Disneyland!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, especially now that there's so many kids involved...and the food!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My Corn Flake butterflies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending Christmas Eve with my family visiting, eating appies and snacking, having steak & lobster for supper, opening all our presents (minus Santa's, of course!), and then watching Christmas movies! I also want to make a new tradition of trying to get to a Christmas Eve service, especially as Braden gets older.
17. What tops your tree? A snowflake. I love the wintery theme for Christmas.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I honestly would rather give, give, give! But I won't complain about receiving either!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I like the candy flavored candy canes...not the traditional peppermint ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? Bar none, it's Christmas Vacation. It doesn't feel like Christmas until I've watched that movie with Jay, Dad, & Ben!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Silent Night
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger. It's been my favorite since I was a kid. I don't even really know why...but I'm sticking to it. I'm also itching to listen to Michael Buble's new Christmas CD!
Join in and link back and/or leave me a comment with your blog post!