Looking for an AWESOME appy to make next time you have company over? Heck, I'd even make this just for me and hubs! Every time I've made this it's gotten rave reviews. I thought I'd share:
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups medium tomatoes, seeded & diced fine
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- (you can add olives too, but I don't like them!)
- Mix ingredients together
- Slice baguette into rounds and lightly butter
- Scoop bruschetta mixture onto bread slices
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Use roma tomatoes as they don't have as much "tomato guts"
- Make the mixture the night before and refrigerate
- Can substitute mozza cheese for cheddar mixture - I had to use a bag of shredded white/orange cheddar at Christmas this year and it was still delicious!
- Eat them fresh out of the oven for optimum deliciousness!
Pardon for the cruddy-ish picture...those were literally the last 4 pieces at Christmas this year and it was an "oops I forgot to take a picture of this for the blog!" moment, so it isn't all nice and artsy fartsy! And I'm glad to have a permalink for this recipe now so as not to bug my e-BFF Marie for the second year in a row for this recipe that I emailed her years ago!
I hope you enjoy, let me know if you do!