Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Braden's 2nd Birthday Party

Braden's 2nd birthday was just awesome! It was everything I'd hoped for and more. He slept in and was SO happy that my Mom was still here, as she came the day before and slept over. "POPPY!!!"
Birthday Boy


Jay and I got him his Thomas Power Wheels and he was excited at first, but then when he was riding it the sound of the battery kind of scared him! But he was over the moon about his first wooden track set and all the little trains that Mom brought for him.

Thomas Trike
I really didn't go above and beyond with my Thomas decor for the party. I bought the hats, banner, and cupcake wrappers on eBay for ridiculously cheap...and I am so glad I did. I had plans to make a "Braden is 2!" banner from Thomas scrapbook paper...but I just didn't have it in me, and that's okay!
Party Decor
All of Braden's cousins were here, his friends Katie, Tessa, and Sophia were here too. There were 12 kids age 7, 6, 4.5, 3.5, 3.5, 22 months, 22 months, 17 months, 14 months, 14 months, 1 month, and our 2 year old...and you know what? They were GREAT! They all behaved so well! I have a "no running" rule when there's so many kids over, they all (for the most part) listened to that, there were hardly any tears, no meltdowns, no fighting...they were all AMAZING!
Party Kids
Party Guests
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Braden found Gus...can you spot him?
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Trains
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
And then it was time for cake! I made this Thomas cake from a Wilton train pan before we left for Maui and I froze it. I'm so glad I did...it was all ready to go!!
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Cake Time
Thanks, Natalie, for taking the videos with our iPad!!




A little Thomas humor...my niece Danika wanted to eat his head!

Cake Time
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
What a little sweetheart, that Sophia!
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
And then it was time to open presents!
Presents
He got a lot of great Thomas stuff, he's starting to collect the wooden trains for his train table that he doesn't know he was yet! He also loved this Cookie Monster from his Rayton cousins!
Cookie Monster
I didn't take pics of the goodies...but I just bought these blue treat bags from Walmart, put the treats inside with a Thomas sticker on the outside - voila! I made Thomas cupcakes for the guests to go home with and the other goodie bag had a Thomas train whistle, a few chocolates, a Thomas coloring sheet, and these Thomas crayon holders from Etsy with crayons included. Very reasonably priced! I didn't even do treatbags last year...oops!
Braden's 2nd Birthday Party
And, since Grandma & Papa will probably never be here to celebrate Braden's birthday, we had an early celebration in Maui too! Lucky boy! I went to Safeway, got a $9 cake on sale, and she decorated it "Maui" style for free. And it was YUMMY!
Maui Birthday
Happy Birthday, Braden!
We love you so much!!

Now we're linked up for Toddle Along Tuesday! Hi Growing Up Geeky readers!



9 comments:

  1. You did such a wonderful job! He looks too cute and the party looks fantastic! I need to start planning Zane's first birthday- going to be way different planning a boys party:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fun party! My son who will be 3 in only 2 weeks had a Train party for his second too! Such a fun theme. Love all your photos, especially the ones with all the kids together. Happy birthday to your sweet boy. Isn't it amazing how fast a year goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind words! We love trains around here, he's just over the moon happy and getting so independent with his playing too! This year went by so much faster than year 1!

      Delete
  3. It went amazingly well for as many little kids as were there! Braden was just a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! It looks like everyone had a blast. I love that you celebrated twice. I need to start getting things ready for Gavin's party.. ah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I am glad it went so great for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Braden! Looks like it all went well! I sure hope my son likes trains, I find it adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I totally ahd the attitude that my kids were never going to watch TV and be glued to it...and Braden isn't, but man oh man...the first time he laid eyes on Thomas, it was love at first site! He just loves trains, it makes it a lot of fun!

      Delete
  7. what a great party! I adore my girls but always wanted a boy to throw a train party for :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!