Braden celebrated his half birthday chilling at the Okanagan Lake down at Parker Cove today. Playing in the water, building sand castles with Daddy, and playing at the park. He is such a joy, I cannot remember life before him, and as Jay said during our vacation, "what do people do on vacation without kids?" I took these photos of him in the canola last Sunday after church.
Here's a summary of Braden at 2.5 years:
- 29 lbs, 35.5" tall
- Wears 3T shirts and 2T shorts/pants, size 7 shoes/sandals
- Sleeping from 7:00 to 6:30-7 every night and has dropped his nap (tears from mommy!)
- 100% potty trained, hasn't had an accident for a long time, still wears a pull-up at night, but wakes up dry...more for "just in case" for my sake, when we run out of this pack in a couple of months I just won't buy more!
- He is a talker! He loooooves to talk, and quite frankly, never stops!
- Can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" & "Bob the Builder" all by himself and "ABC's" with a bit of help
- Passionate about farming and always wants to go to work with Daddy & Papa
- He's getting very imaginative with his play - he pretends to be a froggy and hops around saying "wibbit! wibbit!"
- Loves smoovies [smoothies] and nukshakes [milkshakes]
- Swimming or anything water-related is loved, especially with someone else to play with him (Daddy!)
- Very much enjoys dinosaurs and going to Drumheller to see them & play at dinosaur park
- When he wants to try some of your food he asks to "try sasum?" and it's quite hilarious!
- Still loves Thomas, Bob, & George...but also really into Toopy & Binoo & Cailou lately
- Such a kind, gentle, caring little boy
- Loves his Poppy, Papa, and Mamaw (Grandma), Auntie Lala (Laura), & Lukey, Auntie Ben (this is new - calling him auntie!), Auntie Jess, & Baby Abby so much! He loves all his family, of course, but these ones he talk about every day!
- He says to Mommy: "wakey, wakey sleepy head!" and "don't slam a door!" as Daddy has taught him
- He could probably live outside if we let him - loves to be in the garden
- Can name every piece of construction equipment known to man, and point them out on our travels even if you can't see them
- Recently taught cousin Abby to imitate him by sticking out his tongue and babbling
- Has recently dabbled with trying to hit us, playfully mind you, but nonetheless we are teaching him that hitting/kicking/punching is not nice and will not be tolerated
- Has time outs for punishment, the odd time he needs it, and it works really well for him
- Will do almost anything for a sucker
He has just changed so so so much in the last 6 months, I'm excited to see what the next 6 months bring, including how he adjusts to Big Brotherhood!