Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Canadian Milestone

Imagine this: a beautiful, crisp winter day. Temperatures above freezing. A frozen slough, in the river valley just begging to be skated on. Oh! You don't even have to imagine...just take a look!
Rosebud River Valley
Beautiful, isn't it? This is the hamlet of Rosebud. It's very near and dear to my heart. It's where I got married and where we go to church every Sunday. And now to add to that list? The place where we first took Braden skating!
Braden's First Time Skating!
He was just overjoyed to be going skating! He's been talking about it all winter and we've just been waiting for the time to do it, and I'm glad that we did wait!
Braden's First Time Skating!
Braden's First Time Skating!
Braden was so excited and he loved it. Like LOVED it! This is just making me beam because I grew up on the ice, in an arena. I used to competitively figure skate and also teach skating, so I am so happy about Braden reaching this milestone - he's not even 3 yet!
Braden's First Time Skating!
It didn't take him long at all to find his balance. He can stand still and stand on his own and he can even get up when he falls down. By the end of his first little session, he could hold on to the hockey stick while Jay pulled him around. He fell straight onto his knees and on his bum many times, but he never cried. Not even once. He just had a big smile on his face and kept getting up and trying again. Wow.
Braden's First Time Skating!
We also brought the dog and even let her go off leash...we all had a wonderful family afternoon!
Braden's First Time Skating!


Mommy & Ethan
I know what you might be thinking, or at least what I know my mom is thinking, it was really nice out and Ethan was boiling in his little Winnie the Pooh suit and even his head was warm! In fact, he had the biggest blow out of his little life shortly after that picture - oh the memories!
ECGSignature