Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Can't you just read her mind as she's looking at Jay and thinking: "Really, Dad?! Really!? She's dressing me up again and you're letting her take a picture!!?" I just have to, it's in my being!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It was a very emotional, tiring, and lovely Christmas all at the same time for us. Next year's Christmas will be very different and I can hardly wrap my mind around having an 11 month old in a high chair at the Christmas dinner table next year! One day at a time...but I always think of where we might be "this time next year" and that was the first thing that popped into my mind about next Christmas.

We ate like royalty last night and had some of the best steak Dad's ever BBQed and wonderful lobster tails. Jess said to me "are you allowed to eat lobster when you're pregnant?" I replied "meh! What damage can I do now?! I mean...really??" Technically you're not supposed to eat shellfish when you're pregnant, but who am I kidding...am I really not going to eat a succulent lobster tail on Christmas Eve (a family tradition, nonetheless) just because a pregnancy book or two recommends not eating shellfish? I think not. If I listened to everything the books said, pregnancy wouldn't be near as tolerable as it is. I figure if I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs...I'm doing pretty good. Everything else is just common sense and done in moderation! Baby Schultz sure got spoiled! We got a lot of essential items checked off our list and some cute, fun, unexpected things too! Check out the rest of our Christmas pictures on Flickr. Speaking of pictures, I got home and was trying to fix our camera, as suddenly in the view finder...it wasn't focusing, but at least the pictures the camera was taking were focused. I was fiddling with the menu and accidentally formatted my memory stick which in turn deleted ALL my Christmas pictures!! I was devastated, tired from 2 crappy nights of interrupted sleep (thanks, bladder) and ended up absolutely bawling. BUT, luckily my wise Momsie told me to Google about memory stick recovery and luckily I was able to download a program and all my pictures were saved!! Sadly, this wouldn't have been the first Christmas I could have lost all my pictures...I lost all of Christmas 2006 along with my camera when we went snowboarding on Boxing Day, the day that Jay had planned to propose but his plan was spoiled because of said event :( Typical Sarah...unfortunately.

Almost 36 weeks pregnant, Christmas morning 2009.
We are so blessed to have wonderful families, and to be able to spend time with them over the holidays. It really puts things into perspective what the important things in life are. I'm thankful that Jesus was born today and that we can be so blessed.