Saturday, January 9, 2010

Goosfraba

Say it with me, everyone: "goosfraba....". If you've seen the movie "Anger Management" with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, you'll know what I'm talking about. You say "goosfraba" to calm yourself down when you're angry. I should have been saying this phrase over and over again today. Why? The framers... It was a beautiful day today, above freezing actually...we had a lovely Chinook wind come through and it warmed up this part of the country beautifully from -30°C to a +5°C in a matter of a couple of days. So why, (you might be thinking) would Sarah be angry with the framers when they have this beautiful weather to work in? (especially when our construction manager told us the framers would be taking advantage of the nice weather and be working...) Well, it's because they didn't work today. We took mom over to see the house at 1230 and tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and thought they just might be in town for lunch. Just so happens I had to go into town to pick up a couple of groceries...yet their vehicles weren't in town. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! So Jay calls our construction manager to get the scoop and apparently it was "too windy" to work today. Granted, usually the weather is the coldest/windiest in the mornings here...but seriously!? Give it an hour or so, make it worth the hour you commuted to the site, and see if it gets better! But nope! Show up for work...decide, well it's too windy (I didn't know wind affected framers so much...) and turn right around a go home. They're working on our deck for cripes sake! How could the wind make such a difference. I'm not a framer, so obviously I don't understand...but I just really can't wrap my brain around "too windy" as an excuse to not work. Jay and I are getting so sick of excuses and wished these guys would just work already! GOOSFRABA!

Anyways, Joy and Danika came for a visit...and that little sweetheart always manages to cheer me up. I was showing her the baby's room and she was looking for the baby. Joy and mom were asking Danika, "where's the baby?" Danika was looking under the glider, in the bassinet, in the car seat....then she replied, "hiding!" Joy then told her, "baby is in Sarah's tummy!" Then Danika promptly walked up to me, patted my belly, and said: "there it is!"

Danika can always make Auntie Sarah smile...thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. GOOSFRABA!

    That little one could make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!