Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sleep! Wonderful, wonderful SLEEP!

My new mommy friends, or my mommy friends with newborns again...you might not wanna read this! Really, I'm not bragging though, because as much as I'd like to take credit for what a great baby Braden is - I can't. Because then I'd have to take responsibility for when he's not so great too! :)

Ever since we moved here, Braden has been sleeping phenomenally! First he'd wake up just once a night, 8-10 hours into his sleep...and if he ever did wake up twice, it was only 3 hours or so into his sleep before we went to bed. Well...3 nights ago he started sleeping right through the night, 12 hours straight! This is the first time he's ever done that! He has "STTN" before, as I have posted, but the most he's ever done was 10.5 in a row. I am so happy for him and proud of him. He's been the happiest little guy ever too...must be all that rest he's getting. He's also now usually taking a 2 hour nap in the morning, and sometimes even a 2 hour nap in the afternoon...so sometimes we're down to 2 naps a day, which is AWESOME! But, he still usually does 3 shorter naps.



Now..I have to learn to STTN again! The most I've ever gotten was 7 hours in a row, which happened the this past week! It was awesome and I was ready to get up at 5 when I woke up. BUT, usually I get about 4-5 hours in (which is still a lot, new mommies - I know!) and then the dog or Miles usually wakes me up...or my bladder! Hopefully this good habit keeps up...but I also know that 2 top teeth probably aren't too far around the corner and then I'm almost certain that I'll be getting up with a teething baby a few times a night again.

I am too chicken to take a picture of a sleeping baby, so this is completely unrelated to this post, but I couldn't leave it pictureless! Here's a pic of Braden standing on his own at his play table! So proud of himself!