Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Lightscoop!

So my Christmas present to myself arrived last week and I got a chance to try it out. It's called "Professor Kobre's Lightscoop". Info can be found here and this is what it looks like:
I guess the big flaw about this little accessory is that it isn't very versatile. It only works with ceilings 8-12 feet high, so I can't use it in my great room BUT that's where I get the most natural light and don't use flash anyway, AND if you do a vertical shot, you have to be within 4 feet of a light colored wall. It works by bouncing the flash from the mirror on the Lightscoop onto the ceiling or wall. I think it's totally worth it already, it only cost $40 including shipping anyway. So here's my first go at it...with the basic settings they recommend:
Color:
Black and white:
Also edited in Picnik:
His "I Drool" shirt...how appropriate right now!
And a new fave, our new title picture:
I found a lot of the pictures I had taken, even some of the ones above, were a bit grainy...so I have a lot to learn still, but I'm pleased with the pilot run of my Lightscoop! Jay would really like for us to get a Canon T2i for our next camera...which won't happen anytime soon! They're the ones you've seen on commercials where they've shot the commercial with the camera? It's a digital SLR (like I currently have) and it can shoot HD videos too. BUT I've heard lots of wonderful things about Nikons, so who knows. We'll see when the time comes. I am comfortable and getting to know my Canon so well though. I don't like change in that regard!