Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Blessings

I think for some reason this year more than ever Easter really hit me. The religious Easter...not the Easter that most people relate a bunny that lays chocolate Easter eggs and brings kids baskets full of treats and toys. I will admit I enjoyed partaking in that Easter tradition as a kid and Jay and I the Easter bunny made his first visit to our house to deliver Braden his first basket. I didn't really think about this last year because I was probably partially in a new baby coma still...and perhaps not other years because maybe I wasn't "there" yet with my faith that I am right now. God sent his only son to die for our sins. I know I'm not God, but I could never give up my only son for all of you. Maybe that's why it hits home to me now more than ever.

But this got me thinking...how on earth did the bunny get involved? The word "Easter" is not mentioned in scripture anywhere, so I did a little online research. It's actually quite confusing to explain where the term "Easter" came from...and to describe how eggs became a part of Easter tradition makes me not really want to write it down...because Braden had so much fun yesterday! Perhaps it could be interpreted different ways, but on a Christian website I went to it explained that the rabbit and eggs are a sign of fertility and rebirth. The Easter bunny dates back to German traditions of the 1500's...much like the whole "Santa Claus" thing. I'm not gonna lie...I'm still really confused and perhaps to tired to try and explain the little research I did. I encourage you to do your own. I hope to raise Braden by celebrating Resurrection Sunday first...and "Easter" Sunday second.

Here are some pictures I think you'll enjoy from yesterday. Braden was SO cute yesterday morning, when he saw me meet him at the end of the hallway with his blue Easter basket, he signed "please!" the whole way to the family room where I let him dive in!
Easter 2011

He got 2 Curious George DVD's, a new bath book and toy and a duckie (of course!)
Easter Bunny Cake 2011

Easter Bunny cake...perhaps next year a cross!
Easter 2011

Over to Grandma & Papa's to see alllllllllll the cousins! Chaz & Nolan, 4.5 months.
Easter 2011

Hey little guys!
Easter 2011

Easter 2011

Braden really loves music! Even making it himself now on a duet with Danika who also sang!
Easter 2011

It was so beautiful outside!!
Easter 2011

Really enjoyed his first Easter egg hunt, thanks to Auntie Laura for organizing!
Easter 2011

Find egg and pick it up...
Easter 2011

Put it in the bucket!
Easter 2011

Easter 2011

Ella
Easter 2011

Luke
Easter 2011

Danika & Serena
Easter 2011

Our little man so dapper just loving being outside!
Easter 2011

So not in the mood for pictures...but I had to try...
Easter Cakes

Easter Cakes

I made these mini cakes for the kids yesterday.
All the Cousins!

The older cousins. Luke, Ella, Braden, Danika, Serena, & Trinity.

And for the first time together....ALL THE COUSINS!!! (sorry, Mark...but it's all about the kids!)
Easter 2011

All the Cousins!
All the Cousins!
A wonderful day and a wonderful meal. I'm spent! Happy Easter and/or Resurrection Sunday! :)