Monday, April 4, 2011

I Didn't Feel Old Until....

...I got an invitation to my 10 year...
Gross. I am going to write a disclaimer that I wasn't a nerd, an outcast, or by any means "popular" in high school and I didn't even hate it when I was in it...but I hate it now! I speak the 100% truth when I say that my only remaining friend from my 136 person graduating class is Natalie. I didn't burn bridges or anything like that with my friends, but she's the only one that meant enough to me in my life to keep in touch with. A lot of you probably know the story of my friend Jen. We were best friends through high school and university and then she literally "broke up" with me completely randomly one summer. I had a core group of girl friends in high school with Jen, but we kinda broke away from them when we graduated high school, I had my rugby friends but we weren't really friends out of school. I find it very funny that Jen hated our high school classmates so much and didn't want anything to do with them, dated a guy from Edmonton, then Leduc to avoid them...and now she's married to a guy we went to high school with who is very much a guy that I imagine still drinks beer on the weekends with the high school buddies! Then I just made my best friends, who are still my best friends to this day, in university. I had a really good core group of guy friends too...but that kinda hit the fan when my high school boyfriend and I broke up. People just go different directions in life, I find a lot of those people are still stuck in the glory days of high school. Like they haven't done too much since high school...and are still proud of how awesome and great they were in high school. I have no need for these people. I looked on the Facebook event page and they've invited a lot of people who weren't even in our grade, which is an even better reason not to go.

It just so happens that the tentative date it is right now, I'm working nights as it's the weekend after Ben & Jess's wedding...it always happens I'm working when I want to get out of things like this! :) I would love to show off Jay, the wonderful, amazing man that I married and the beautiful son that we have...but I just don't think that I'd have a good time. I see Natalie & Steve when I want and I don't want to go to a big high school party. Call me a stick in the mud...but that's just how I feel!