We have never flown with Braden before, but he's old enough now to explain some things to, and I've been trying to get him excited about flying on his first airplane ride, in 3 weeks when he'll be just shy of turning 2. Some things about our travel plans:
- We are travelling with 1/2 of Jay's family: his parents, his sister Laura, her husband Craig, and their son Luke aka Braden's best buddy
- This leads me to believe Braden will have a constant revolvement (not a word) of entertainment
- Our flight leaves at 0810 (I thought it left in the afternoon) and arrives at 1220 - this is awesome!
- The flight is 7 hours long there, and 6 hours long back home
- We have a seat just for Braden, and we will bring his convertible car seat on board...which I'm hoping will tell him he can't be up and running around
- We will have a new iPad for him to play with and got him these headphones so he doesn't bug the other passengers with his noisy games/movies. I love them, they have volume control so they can't get too loud and he looks SO cute wearing them (my audiology friend Natalie would be proud!)
- I'm hoping, praying, crossing all my fingers, toes, and eyes...that he will have a decent nap. Braden is a crib napper. He "saves" his sleeping for his comfy, cozy crib. He doesn't even nap anymore on the 3 hour drive to Edmonton to see my parents...for this reason, I'm hoping he naps a bit on the 7 hour flight there!!
- Our return flight leaves at 1955! This one I'm so happy and shocked! Normally Maui only has red eye flights, and my super sleeper would be a MESS being up until midnight. But this might just work out perfectly with bedtime!
- We arrive back home at 0500...I typically don't sleep on planes...so it's gonna be a rough day for mama at home...and then I also work the next day - a 12 hour shift. Awesome.
I'm really thinking with his love of the iPad, Thomas, and coloring...we might be able to entertain him enough? And like I said hopefully...just hopefully he'll sleep a bit too! I also found this company that will have Braden's crib set up for us and ready to use when we get to Maui. We have to be at the airport at 6, which means leaving our house by 5...so if by some weird chance Braden stays awake the whole flight...he's going to want to sleep!
This guy totally won't cause us any problems...right? The last time I posted this picture, Katie pointed out the irony of his shirt saying he's on the "Nice" list as he is clearly being very "Naughty"!...I have to agree!
So, if you have flown with your toddler(s) please share some tips! I've heard to bring lots of snacks too!