(P.S. Two bibs doesn't mean twins, we're Team Green, so we won't know if it's a little sister or brother until s/he's born!) So, as many of you have commented, we were in Vegas when I was 8 weeks pregnant. It wasn't that different for me being pregnant in Vegas. I'm not a huge drinker, and just had virgin daquiris when I did the little gambling that I did in the casinos. My nose is super sensitive to smells right now, so the smoke bugged me a lot and gave me a whopping headache. I truly felt hungover the morning after, just from the smoke induced headaches. I hope that one day the world will catch on to non-smoking in all public places. I highly doubt people will stop going to Vegas if they become a smoke free zone. It disgusts me that people can smoke everywhere there. This is why I just don't get that people take their kids to Vegas, SO many kids in Vegas. Strollers waltzing through casinos? Classy.
Anywho, I'm not going to do the typical pregnancy surveys that so many of us do. I'm just going to bullet point things going on.
- Gaining weight faster this time. I was SUPER health conscious with Braden's pregnancy. I cut out almost all sugar, didn't have any pop or junk food. I gained 38 lbs with Braden, and the last 8 lbs was in the last week! I feel like this baby deserves the same, so now that we're home from Vegas, I'm going to smarten up and get healthy again. I'm up 5lbs so far.
- I'm STILL going to do the 1/2 triathlon this June! My friend Carley and I are going to do it, just to do it. We aren't going to "compete" we just want to be able to finish it. It's 10 laps of the pool, 10 km bike ride, and a 2.5 km run/walk. We're going to do it together, and this makes me happy! I will be 21 weeks pregnant
- I am generally feeling crappy. So nauseous, but not getting sick. Working 22 hours...in 1 shift...probably didn't help my case. But I feel this time like I don't have time to be tired, so I'm coping!
- I am showing so early. The bump never goes away. I definitely get some bloat to add to the bump in the early evenings, but even when I wake up in the morning a good sized bump is still there. Do I think it could be twins? Sure. Do I really think it could be twins? No.
- I have my first ultrasound on April 24th, this will be in my 12th week, it is very common practice to just have 1 big anatomy scan for a healthy pregnancy in Canada, this is technically the nuchal translucency U/S, but I don't care about the results...I just want to see the bebe earlier!