This past week:
- He has come running into the kitchen with his undies and his pants around his ankles beaming "Mommy! I did it!" Me, none-the-wiser, went to the bathroom to see what he was talking about...he had pooped on the potty and emptied it in the toilet all by himself
- I was in the laundry room putting clothes in the dryer, when he pulls down his undies & pants and attempts to climb up on the toilet in the back bathroom when I offer to help he says "no, Mommy...I can do it by myself" (I did help him up though!)
- He feeds the dog, multiple times a day. He fills up the scoop of dog food and carries it to her bowl. Still trying to teach him not to make kibble soup, but he also feels the need to fill her water dish by himself, which is physically impossible at this point!
- He cleans out his little potty after he uses it almost every single time by rinsing it with a bit of water from the sink like I do
- He toilets himself 100% of the time unless I happen to be going at the same time and just needs help to pull up his bottoms
- I learned I will probably have to clean my bathroom, or at least wipe it down with Clorox wipes, every night until he turns 18 and/or moves out of my house...whichever comes first!
So. What was I worried about again? But he still needs his mama for snuggles and stories!