Well, technically I'm 24 weeks + 3 days now, but still 24 weeks! See, in this picture, I'm showing you "24" with my fingers? That, or peace I guess! I actually had my appointment today and all is well there. Measuring at 23 weeks (although my ultrasound on July 5th had me measuring right on time, so that just goes to show how the office measurements are more of a guestimate), FHR 156, BP 105/58 so I can't complain! So here are some pregnancy latelys:
- very strong Braxton-Hicks contractions the last few weeks. For those non-pregnancy minded, they are safe, harmless contractions some women get and they are not painful. Mine have been very strong compared to last time, I see this as a good thing...it's just my uterus working out for the big day!
- I get the most Braxton-Hicks when I'm vacuuming...should make for an interesting 3rd trimester!
- My sciatic and SI joint pain have actually been pretty non-existent this last month, so that's been really good
- I'm getting sick of work. I feel good and I love my job and the people there...but I'm just so not "into" it right now...I have so much stuff to do at home, I'd rather be there doing it!
- Speaking of work, with timing of our farming life, I'm taking an early mat leave at 30 weeks, which is nearing the end of August, it just doesn't make sense for me to go back to work after harvest, it would screw up my maternity leave hours anyway
- I think my mood has improved greatly even just by doing my bible studies, it's really helped me focus things a lot better
- I am getting a taste of what life will be like with 2 kids...Abby and Jess are staying with us right now, Abby is 3 months old and it's so neat to watch Braden interact with her. I think the biggest thing I have to "work" on with him is the VOLUME OF HIS VOICE! But, also with a newborn...there's a lot of leeway, so hopefully Squishy will be able to learn to sleep through Big Brother's booming, enthusiastic voice!
- I am so excited to realize that by the time of my next big update at 28 weeks, Laura will have had her baby! She'll be 38 weeks this Friday, I am so excited to have a newborn in the family again!
- So...I'm up 21 lbs as of today. BUT when I look back at Braden's pregnancy book, I'm actually only up 2 lbs exactly from where I was last time! I just gained faster in the beginning this time. I only gained 9 lbs in 20 weeks last time, BUT then gained a whopping 10 lbs the next 4 weeks, making me 19 lbs at 24 weeks last time! That made me really happy to realize that just now!