|Top pictures from April 2012 "Duck" lessons, bottom picture August 2012 "Sea Turtle" lessons.|
This set of lessons was 4 days in a row, 1/2 lesson in the morning, we got August long weekend off, then it was 4 days in a row the next week. I loved taking him every day (with Jay's help when I had to work) and Braden looked so forward to it every morning. It was nice to get in a consistent schedule with him. He remembered his teachers name and just a few days in, I didn't even have to tell him what to do, he listened to his teacher and did what he said...most of the time! He is just 2 1/2 after all!
So why put your toddlers in lessons?
- learning structure and expectations of being in a class setting
- learning listening skills
- learning to follow instructions
- learning rules of safety (no running in the pool)
- learning how to wear a life jacket (which isn't new to him) and that they can float in them
- being comfortable getting their face wet, blowing bubbles, and submersion under water
- interaction with other kids their age
- learning the basics of how to swim
Have you put your kid(s) in swimming lessons? How did they/you like it?