Saturday, September 8, 2012

My New Camera's Debut!

Well I finally busted out the brand new camera the other day! I was having a high-on-life, feeling very creatively inspired day after I spent the evening watching the farming movie, as Braden calls it, so I went over to the farm with Braden and this is my first "session" with the new T3i!
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
What farm is complete without a border collie? Really? We were going to walk through the pasture down to the field where Papa and Travis were combining canola...but it was too far, so we turned around and drove back instead!
Harvest 2012

This was Braden's first combine ride of the year with Papa, and I think Papa is pretty happy that Braden gets so excited about all things farming. I really hope that he keeps up his passion, he has a career waiting for him if he so chooses it like his daddy did before him.
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012

Braden just loves Travis. Well, he loves the idea of going to go and see him and sit in the truck with Travis, anyway! Travis has been wonderful to Braden! So we got a bucket from Travis and it was Braden's job to take the bucket to Papa so we could take a sample of the canola back to the farm to test it (for moisture & temperature - very important for storing it).
Harvest 2012

It was my job to go and spot for Jay, driving the swather down the road. It takes up the whole road with lots of blind spots, so Braden and I headed over to meet him and guide him safely back to the farm.
Harvest 2012
Here's some scenery along the way. This is God's country! Or, as my mother-in-law has said, it's all God's country...He just spent a little extra time here!
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
Then we met Daddy back at the farm, Braden started swathing a new field of wheat with him, so we snapped a few pics and headed back to the farm for supper!
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
Definitely my new favorite picture of these two!
Harvest 2012

Overall I am super super happy with the new camera. I still have lots of things to learn about tweaking my manual settings, but for my first round out with it, I'm super happpy! It is quite the upgrade and I am LOVING all the little features that I didn't think I would appreciate, like the flip out LCD screen. It made it super easy to take my own maternity pictures and I think it will be absolutely amazing to take my own pictures with my kids and even do our Christmas card pictures all by myself. I got this steal of a deal off Kijiji for only $500 brand new. BRAND NEW. They retail brand new for $630+ so I'm really happy with that savings. Definitely my last purchase for a long time, as I am no longer receiving an income until Squishy is born. It also has a built in HD video camera that is nice to have along, one of my goals is to be able to put together short videos together, I need my brother to teach me!
Harvest 2012
Harvest 2012
All I can think with this picture about myself is "MOVE, HEAD! MOVE!" What a huge noggin' I have!

Happy Harvest! Happy Fall! Happy Autumn!
Harvest 2012
P.S. Braden finally "loves doze boots!" And he is officially 3 feet tall today...he's grown 1/2" since the end of July! Growth spurt! 
ECGSignature

22 comments:

  1. Wow, those are fabulous bright and so clear photos. I may have missed - what type of camera? They felt like they were right here. SO close and bright and just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, editing sure helps a lot too!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic photos!! I absolutely love the country that God spent some extra time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!! Im so happy you got your awesome camera!! Cant wait to see the pictures you take of squishy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jill! Just loving it!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos...totally jealous of the camera! Ours is so well-loved it's held together with a bandaid. Seriously. Can't wait to see your mat photos! :)
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amy! What do you shoot with?

      Delete
  5. wow, it is beautiful there! so different than here in south florida! what i wouldn't give to have a change of seasons....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Photos!! They are so big it took me foreverrrr to get down here to leave a comment lol!! But they are amazing!!

    Thanks for letting me know about my blog, had to go & fix the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry about that! I think I put a warning on my FB page about how many pictures there were for this post. Pretty much posted all of the pics I took!

      And you're welcome, I didn't wanna be mean, but I just couldn't read your blog!

      Delete
  7. GREAT photos! Those clouds are soooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just talking to the Hubs about needing a new camera...

    Also, do you farm corn? Is it true that only one or two ears are on each stalk?


    Check out my Mommy blog at:
    www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
    Visit anytime!
    {All follows are returned}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all these photos and love all your farm posts. What a perfect time to get a brand new camera. Enjoy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just come live by you? Both your farm and your family are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot- Woot! New camera. I love the pictures. You should be a professional photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos! So great to have a new camera to play with when the new baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!