Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Learning Through Play with #LEGODUPLOplay

I don't know if you've seen on Twitter and Facebook how excited I am to be a LEGO DUPLO Play Agent and be sharing with you over the next 7 months all the exciting things that LEGO DUPLO has to offer you and your children! Braden got his first LEGO DUPLO set from my Mom about a year ago. Of course, it was a Thomas set with a little train tracks and he immediately took to it. He wasn't even two yet but I could see his imagination starting to bud as he drove his little LEGO Thomas train around the track.

First, a little bit about LEGO DUPLO from their website:
LEGO® DUPLO® preschool building toys are specially designed for the small hands and big imaginations of children aged 1½ - 5 years. DUPLO bricks are twice the size of standard LEGO bricks, making them a great way to kick off a child’s building career. DUPLO is all about giving your child the opportunity to build, create, and develop while discovering so many ways to play!
Jay was just as excited as me, if not more, to have this opportunity to teach Braden to play with LEGO DUPLO. I have firmly believed in my short journey through motherhood so far, that children learn best through play, and LEGO feels the same way! LEGO DUPLO is all about giving your child the opportunity to build, create, and develop while discovering so many ways to play.
#LEGODUPLOplay
This month we received the LEGO® DUPLO® Large Brick Box, LEGO® DUPLO® Bricks and Books (assorted), and the LEGO® DUPLO® Play with Letters. We started with the Large Brick Box, and as an organized mom, I'm really thankful that this came with it's own storage box! The DUPLO blocks are bigger and much easier for toddler hands to work with which is also a feature I love, Braden is not quite ready for the little LEGO's, and the DUPLO bricks are twice the size.




#LEGODUPLOplay
Building a crane with Daddy
Braden has been THRILLED to have his new LEGO's to play with. It was the first thing he grabbed to play with the morning after we got them and he loves when Daddy shows him how to build what he sees in the pictures! It's helping him to recognize his colors and his shapes and he can connect his own LEGO DUPLO pieces together now! In fact, just today he said "TA DA!!!" as he proudly helped me build a LEGO house by clicking the LEGO's together!
#LEGODUPLOplay
#LEGODUPLOplay
I'm also loving the other two sets we received as Braden is learning his alphabet so his Play With Letters set is reinforcing learning his letters and he has always loved books and loves his Bricks and Books set. Braden saw this "Big Tractor" farm set in the little pamphlet that came with his set and I think it will be on his Christmas wish list!
[source]
Did you know the first LEGO DUPLO product was launched in 1969, making it 43 years old? There's a reason why it's been around for so long. Jay still has fond memories and loved growing up with LEGO DUPLO.

I wanted to share with you a little something for your tech savvy toddlers/kids that I discovered from the LEGO DUPLO website today! LEGO DUPLO has free apps that you should download for your iPhone/iPad! There's a LEGO DUPLO Zoo app and a LEGO DUPLO Jams app that plays music and also has virtual LEGO DUPLO's for your child to play with - very cool! We always have more fun when we play with music!
photo


Would you like to start your LEGO DUPLO collection or add to it? With Christmas creeping up on us, I thought I would provide you with some discounts! The fabulous people at LEGO DUPLO have provided me with a lot of $5 off your $20 LEGO DUPLO purchase coupons for my Canadian readers!

I would be very happy to provide a coupon to my first 10 commentors who visit the LEGO DUPLO site and tell me what they'd buy! There's Princesses, Cars, farms, trains, and so much more!
ECGSignature
“Disclosure: I am a LEGO DUPLO Play Agent and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”