So it was great to see Ben, Jess, & Abby at my Mom's house. My Uncle Steve was there for the day and we went to visit Grandma on Sunday. She's doing really well and her personality hasn't changed a bit since she had her stroke.
It was busy, busy, busy at my in-laws on Monday. It always is, and it always will be. The whole family was there. That's 10 adults and 9 kids under 7!
But the bird was great, all us kids always bring a dish to contribute to the meal to help out so it makes the load a lot less (I hope!). Here's a pic of Grandma teaching the girls how to make gravy and Uncle Jay whispering in their ears "Ask Grandma if she's sure she knows what she's doing!"
The kids all got along great, and for the first time ever Braden actually played with his twin cousins. For some reason Braden just always seems to avoid them, but maybe now that they're 22 months and getting older he likes them more? Not that he ever didn't like them, he just always avoided them!
It's really nice that the Uncles/Daddies of the family can take over playing with the kids while the gals tidy up. Some of the guys help clean up, but mostly if the kids are taken care of...that's all I care about!
Grandma turns 60 on October 17 but has a busy busy week that week so we celebrated early. Here's Grandma with all her grandbabies except for Blake because he was having a good snooze...and we all know better than to wake a sleeping baby!
I've said it before and I'll say it again and again...Braden is so blessed to have ALL of his cousins live so close to him and be so close in age! Luke is 19 months older, Chaz & Nolan are about 10 months younger and he's a bit over 2 years older than Abby.
So? What am I thankful for this year? So many things...too many things that I don't deserve and that I know I can't possibly write them all down. But it looks a bit like this:
- My freedom, both that Jesus gave me and that I have as a Canadian
- My health and my family's health
- My beautiful home with an almost 1/2 finished basement now
- The anticipation of changing our life and family forever in a mere 4 weeks or so!
- My family. My side has been through some really tough times with my Dad over the last year and we have all stuck together and it has brought us closer together, and for that I am SO thankful. I'm also thankful that my in-law family has been so supportive, loving, and caring to me through all of this and that Braden has such an amazing bond with his Papa and has strong male role models in his life.
Only 2 days left to vote so please help a girl out! :)