Monday, November 12, 2012

Cabin Fever

A big blizzard came our way on Wednesday. I decided to take the boys into town to Walmart just to get out of the house before the roads got bad and to grab a few things we'd need over the weekend. We were going to go to the farm show with Jay on Thursday and then continue on to go stay with my mom overnight...but the roads got too bad, so Jay went onto the show and me and the boys stayed home. So what's a Canadian mom to do with her two young children when she's snowed in? Take pictures of course!
3 Weeks Old
Ethan is now 3.5 weeks old. Wearing a pea hat that my mom crocheted for him in an extra-small FuzziBunz diaper, laying on a luxuriously soft blanket that was gifted to us from the wonderful people at Sears Baby's Room!
3 Weeks Old

That picture of Ethan on the left just cracks me up because he's cross-eyed! It's too cute to go in the blooper reel! And the second one...you caption it! 
3 Weeks Old
3 Weeks Old
I also decided that enough was enough. I bought a Canon Speedlite 430exii for my birthday back in APRIL and I still haven't really used it. It scares me...I don't know why. So I looked at some tutorials online and decided I need to learn - especially for Christmas as taking pictures in a poorly light house in the evening...is pretty much impossible without a flash with a DSLR, to me anyway! So...here goes my pics with my Speedlite!
3 Weeks Old
3 Weeks Old
3 Weeks Old
3 Weeks Old
I've got a lot to learn, but I've got the basics down! I can definitely tell a huge difference. I take all these pictures in our great room. The south wall is pretty much all windows so beautiful natural light just flows in...but with the blizzard and being late in the afternoon, I had lost most of the natural light.

Any Speedlite users out there? I'd be happy to hear your tips and tricks please! And we couldn't leave big brother out...
Big Brother B
Brothers


Braden also wanted me to take a picture of him in his new Lorax hat, but also would lay down/sit still long enough for a very good picture!
Braden's Lorax Hat
So that's what we do when we have cabin fever...we take pictures!
ECGSignature