Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No Mexico for Us

Many of you probably knew that we were supposed to be in Mexico right now enjoying our second night (and our one last vacation before we become parents!) at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba resort at the Mayan Riviera, with my mom and dad. Due to the passing of Jay's grandpa, we decided it would be best to cancel the trip and to stay at home and be with family to attend the memorial service. I have absolutely no regrets about doing so, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like...



For more than the memorial service, it's a good thing we didn't end up going, I think God was sending us some pretty obvious signs! We are still struggling to get our mortgage in order (don't get me started!) so we can keep the house-building project going, and if we hadn't stayed at home, our project would have been delayed at least 2 weeks as they required the last payment for our house package this week and neglected to even tell us! It's also important for us to stay at home right now because of Kihei. We'd never let her be the sole reason for us canceling a vacation, but she has caused her 'parents' a lot of stress the last few weeks, and I feel better staying at home so we can keep an eye on her. I don't want to get into details, I've had an amazing pregnancy thus far, but we had a scare 2 weeks ago that took us to the ER one morning, and that also made me realize that if anything more were to happen, I want to be in Canada for the remainder of my pregnancy! Everything has been absolutely perfect since, and they couldn't find the cause for the trouble I was having. Also, Mom and Dad are in Mexico right now, but they almost didn't make it down! Hurricane Ida was brewing up quite the storm at the Mayan Riviera and their flight was delayed by a day and therefore they lost a whole day of their vacation! Hoping you have a wonderful holiday, Mom and Dad, come home safe and relaxed!
We will probably have a little mountain getaway at the end of the month to Banff. It's nice to be so close to the Rockies!