Friday, December 4, 2009

Whirlwind!

Well has it ever been an interesting last 24 hours - not even - for me! I went into the city yesterday for an appointment with the pregnancy & nutrition study I'm a part of at Alberta Children's Hospital, so after, since Peter's is conveniently located on the way home, I had to stop for a burger and another eggnog milkshake! Yummy yummy! (Pardon the bad picture, my BlackBerry didn't flash for some reason!)

Then I went into Sunridge Costco and finally bought us a new printer. We've been printerless for months now and it's become too big of a pain in the butt! It's a really nice wireless printer, but anywho you don't care about that! So it's dark now as I'm heading home and just before Chestermere I start to hear this "wobbly" sound - that's the best way I can think to describe it. I was passing a semi at highway speeds, of course, so I thought to myself "gee, that semi sure is loud!" So I turned down my radio and all of a sudden I heard a loud pop and my vehicle starts wobbling so then I knew it was me making that sound! I slowed down and pulled over as quickly and safely as I could, and this is what I saw had happened to my front driver's side wheel:

I have absolutely no idea what happened, but thank the Lord I was able to pull over safely. AMA actually didn't take long to come and get me at all, and it was actually kind of funny when I called their dispatch lady. I said "I've blown my front driver's tire and I'll need a tow." She replied "Well....don't you have a spare tire?" I jumped to conclusions and said "I'm 32 weeks pregnant, I've never changed a spare tire and I don't think now is the time to learn!!" She just laughed at me and said "No, no! We'll change it for you, just wondering if you had one!" So I had a blonde/pregnant moment (how much worse can you get than that?). So I took Jay's truck into work today expecting that around 10 or so the big storm that they've been forecasting would hit - and it did. Jay was able to get me a new tire this AM in Strathmore, so that was nice. The storm did hit and they let me leave early to get a head start going home. A lot of the major highways in AB are closed, not our highway, but here's a pic of what it looked like...and this is actually clearing up as I'm almost at home:

Since it is December 4th, as I remember it, 5 years ago today, the man I would one day marry took me to West Edmonton Mall on a skating date where he officially and literally asked me out. I said yes, and then we went out to dinner at (I believe) Old Spaghetti Factory, and then we went to a Roadrunners hockey game and went to Jay's house after and watched a movie with his roomates. And Jay also wanted to add "we might have had a smooch, too!" I can't believe it's been 5 years already!! Look how far we've come. This picture is on the side of the blog as well, it's our first Christmas together:

Love you very much, Jay, and I'm also very impressed that you remembered all of the details of what happened 5 years ago today...and perhaps even refreshed my pregnant brain about it!