Friday, January 22, 2010

Preparing For The Long Haul...

I had my end of 39th week/beginning of 40th week appointment today with hopes that after my exam I would be told that I'm making great progress and to expect baby any day...any moment now...but nope. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. No dilation or effacement...and baby is still super high up and doesn't want to drop yet. I suspected as much, but honestly I was still a little sad nonetheless. Dr. Maseka still said "well, you never know...but you might be right about the 29th!", when I told him that I predicted I'd deliver on the 29th. He said everyone's been thinking of me at the hospital and wondering when I'll be coming in. Sorry to those who picked tomorrow as the birthday in the baby pool, I just can't see it happening! I was already mentally preparing to go overdue, but now that I'm faced with it as a reality...I'm kinda sad. I have loved being pregnant and still can't complain about too much, but I'm done with being pregnant! I want to move onto the next step, meet this baby, and settle into mommyhood...

While Jay's parents were enjoying, as they described, a "perfect, balmy day with no wind" in Maui today, this is what we had...
Thick, thick frost everywhere...which has also prevented the framers from finishing our roof...

Kihei looking lonely in the middle of the yard.

I guess this baby will just come when s/he's ready so I might as well just shut up about it! :) Jay and I are enjoying watching movies together, Miles is being extra cuddly, and I am finally done reading all my pregnancy, labour, and breastfeeding books and really enjoying an actual story again! Maybe I'll get a bunch of reading done before the baby. One of our goals before baby is also to teach Kihei a new trick. We are working on "crawl" and she's done pretty good so far!

Just one last note, since people have already picked the 23rd as a birthday in the baby pool, I will be locking it tomorrow morning, so if you haven't guessed yet...now could be your last chance!