Thursday, February 4, 2010

Braden is 1 Week Old!

Can you believe it? I sure can't. He's grown so much already. I can tell he's filling out in his cheeks and I put him in his coming home outfit today, and it's getting small! Braden and I are doing really well together. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Jay, but being a Daddy to a newborn...there's not too much he can do to help us out at this time. Jay gives Braden his bath every night...that's their thing, and Jay burps Braden for me sometimes. But feeding is going really well and he's such a content baby. He even put himself to sleep today for the first time. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay awake or fall asleep, so I laid him down in his bassinet and he decided he'd snooze for 1.5 hrs! I'm a very proud Momma!


Daddy burping Braden.

Well, my dad and Grandma T came to visit Braden today and pick up mom to take her home. Mom stayed with us this last 6 days and it was so nice to have her here! She did all my laundry, cleaning, cooking, and dishes all this time and it is so, so, SO much appreciated. It gave me a really good headstart to mommyhood and most importantly - time to catch up on my sleep. So we are officially a family of three on our own now!
Tummy time on Mommy's baby blanket.
So thanks to my mom so much for helping us through this first week!

1 comment:

  1. It was totally and completely my pleasure! I enjoyed every minute of it (well, aside from the 16 hours in which the dogs were gone!)

    You're a great Mommy already, and you guys will do fabulous on your own now.

    Any time you need a hand, some relief, or whatever, feel very free to call!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!