Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! For the third year in a row, me and my Mom have celebrated Mother's Day at the Rosebud Mercantile for their brunch. Three years ago the whole family was there and I was pregnant - but didn't even know it yet! Then last year with all the shenanigans of the Clarks being sick and seeding and whatnot, me and Mom and Braden were the only ones to make it out. And this year, everyone was there but Craig because he was working. I hope that we can carry on with this tradition for a very long time!
Mother's Days

By this point he had been running for at least 45 minutes straight - so tired!
Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Very serious Braden & Mom
Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Laughing at his Gram!
Mother's Day 2011

The Rayton Crew. Danika - 3 years, Twins - 5 months.
Mother's Day 2011

Chaz & Mom, this picture cracks me up!
Mother's Day 2011

Laura & Luke (allllllmost 3!)
Mother's Day 2011

I feel so blessed to be able to call myself a mother. I had my worries before we got pregnant if we were even going to be able to. I had my worries when I was pregnant if he would make it to the end and be healthy. I had worries being a new mommy...but the worries are truly disappearing and it is the most rewarding and challenging job I've ever had, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I got up this morning as Jay let me sleep in, he got Braden up and had a big pan of eggs scrambled up and sausages coming out of the oven! I leaned over Braden in his high chair and gave him a big smooch and thanked him for making me a mommy. Jay gave me a look and said, "hey!" And I replied, "thanks to you too, Jay!" And then he said "halfsies?" :)

I also got amazing news times 2 this week. Two of my friends who battled infertility and had miscarriages and IVF along the way, who both successfully gave birth to baby girls via IVF pregnancies last year...ARE BOTH 10 WEEKS PREGNANT NATURALLY!!! Isn't that just amazing?!?! I could cry tears of joy for them both. It was a complete shock to both girls and I couldn't be happier for them. What blessings!

I thank God everyday for my little boy, and pray that we will be able to give Braden sibling(s) in the future. I love you Mom and Grandma and Brenda very very much, you've helped shape me into the mother that I am and the mother I want to be. I hope all my mommy friends have had a wonderful day with your babies!

2 comments:

  1. I love you very much too my girl, and am so very proud of you, and the Mommy you've become to that adorable little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great day! I did too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!