Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Day in Vernon

It is 34 degrees Celsius as I happily blog in the shade on the upper patio of the cabin in BC. This is our last day here and it's a bittersweet one. I'm happy to be going back home to normal life and routine tomorrow and actually quite eager to get back to work, and more so eager for the pay cheque that follows, and also kind of a little desperate to get Braden back into his world....the bitter part is missing this view:
Bittersweet to be going home tomorrow gonna miss the view! #Vernon
Braden is still struggling with the 1 nap vs. 2 naps a day thing and coming here made it worse. We're on vacation, I'm trying my best to "go with the flow" as the saying goes, but I'm really not that kind of person! Kids thrive on routine, especially Braden, especially at this age. It won't keep me at home locked in my own house, not enjoying life through this phase of his, but it's really wearing on all of us. Braden loves sleep. He has napped like poop since we got here. He got a good 2.5-3 hour nap in a couple times, but otherwise it's mostly 1.5 hrs here and there and just today he fussed for 1 hour after being up for 5 hours before he finally gave in and fell asleep. That almost never happens at home. But it's hot here, it's new to him, it's exciting, he'd rather be up and playing than resting...I get it!

So we stayed at home yesterday because we needed it, but we were very antsy to get out of the house and do something today. We were contemplating going to Atlantis Waterslides today, but decided against it because it's just too hot and I think Braden is too young to really appreciate it still. So we decided to go to Vernon to Polson Park, and it was a lot of fun. It has BEAUTIFUL green areas, trees, and lots of ponds and ducks.

We found the Ogopogo...sort of

And it's a bad picture, I got way better ones on my real camera....please check back in a couple of days for better pics added. but Braden and Jay are feeding a mama duck and her 3 ducklings

Braden finally gave in and is napping...so is Jay...even I had a nap this afternoon. We're exhausted and ready to go home. Sure would be nice to have the boat here, and we might even come back at the end of July just to do that!
sarah