Tuesday, August 2, 2011

56 Hours

That is how much I'm working this week. I've had an EXTREMELY busy last two days at work which makes it 24 hours down an 32 to go! I'm getting allllllllll the hours that I can now as I know my days are "numbered" with spraying and harvest quickly approaching and Daddy Daycare will be on the combine, also Mom goes back to work and my summer babysitting will be gone too.

There are a lot of unfortunately sick people in this world. For confidentiality and ethical reasons I can't tell you all of what goes on in my job and at work, but just count your blessings and make smart choices. Talk to your kids about drugs and alcohol and how horribly life destroying they can be. To divulge a bit, in the last 2 weeks I've had an idiot teenage boy who has overdosed on drugs 3 times in less than 2 months which has resulted in being intubated and sent to ICU. I also dealt with a patient my age who is so deeply lost in his alcoholism that he came in after binge-ing with abdominal pain and ended up so deep into withdrawals that he was delirious, aggressive, and mean when he normally is not. He is so sick from his disease that his pancreas is literally "dying" and exploding inside him. One sick man.

I wonder what the next 32 hours will be like...!
sarah