Friday, November 25, 2011

Pinning!

I've been doing lots of Pinteresting things lately! I posted pictures on Instagram last week of this recipe (which I can't find now!!) and got lots of wonderful compliments and even a request to put this recipe on the blog!

Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken


I had you at cream cheese didn't I? This recipe is so easy and doesn't take a lot of time - I promise you can do it! It tastes and looks so professional too! The blog that this is from calls it "Kaytucky Chicken"

Ingredients:

  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
  • 4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
  • 2 strips of cooked bacon
  • flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 green onion
  • 1 large egg
  • pepper
  • salt
Directions:
  • chop up bacon, parsley, and green onion
  • smush (cooking term) into cream cheese
  • make fairly deep cut into centre of chicken breasts
  • spread cream cheese mixture equally into each breast
  • make sure puff pastry is thawed at room temperature
  • roll out into 4 equal pieces
  • place chicken on top of puff patsry, cream cheese side down
  • season chicken with generous amounts of salt & pepper (I needed more)
  • beat a large egg, brush a little on the edges of the pastry
  • fold pastry over chicken, like a little package!
  • lightly brush top of puff pastry with egg to
  • cook them at 400F for about 30-35 minutes until lightly golden brown

Then I did this Christmas craft with Braden the other day!


And here is my version:
Picnik collage
I couldn't take pictures of the whole process for obvious reasons! :) I like how it turned out. It's not perfect, but I like it! The craft ornament cost $0.89 from Walmart, Dollarama sparkles...can't get much cheaper than that!

And for the future...I've already done my twist on this, which I hope to have crafted next week!

Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest

I might do my own twist on this to hang the Christmas cards we receive this year:


And I keep meaning to do this, in Christmas papers, and give as stocking stuffers!




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.comVisit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Thanks for posting about the chicken recipe. I love the ornaments too. I wonder if this is a craft I could do with G since she is just 1? I'll try it anyway. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!