Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
I had you at cream cheese didn't I? This recipe is so easy and doesn't take a lot of time - I promise you can do it! It tastes and looks so professional too! The blog that this is from calls it "Kaytucky Chicken"
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
- 2 strips of cooked bacon
- flat-leaf parsley
- 1 green onion
- 1 large egg
- chop up bacon, parsley, and green onion
- smush (cooking term) into cream cheese
- make fairly deep cut into centre of chicken breasts
- spread cream cheese mixture equally into each breast
- make sure puff pastry is thawed at room temperature
- roll out into 4 equal pieces
- place chicken on top of puff patsry, cream cheese side down
- season chicken with generous amounts of salt & pepper (I needed more)
- beat a large egg, brush a little on the edges of the pastry
- fold pastry over chicken, like a little package!
- lightly brush top of puff pastry with egg to
- cook them at 400F for about 30-35 minutes until lightly golden brown
Then I did this Christmas craft with Braden the other day!
And here is my version:
I couldn't take pictures of the whole process for obvious reasons! :) I like how it turned out. It's not perfect, but I like it! The craft ornament cost $0.89 from Walmart, Dollarama sparkles...can't get much cheaper than that!
And for the future...I've already done my twist on this, which I hope to have crafted next week!
I might do my own twist on this to hang the Christmas cards we receive this year:
And I keep meaning to do this, in Christmas papers, and give as stocking stuffers!