Friday, July 6, 2012

More #SheReadsTruth

With the supportive response I got from last week's #SheReadsTruth post, I really wanted to share with you more of my journey and what's happened the last week of my devotionals.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

-- Ezekiel 36:26


Day 8 and Ezekiel 36:26 were meant for me to read. Praising the @SheReadsTruth ladies tonite for finding such a wonderful bible study to do! This verse leapt off the page and affirmed how I've been handling the situation with my dad. "I am no match for thI lied...that pic 2 pics ago wasn't the last one. #grateful
From the devotional:   
"We think we have some sort of 'divine' power to change a person. That if we do the right things or are nice enough that maybe someone will 'come to their senses' and change."
I had never read or heard of that verse before, but now it's one of my favorites. It comforts me beyond words, again in the situation with my dad. It just affirms to me that I cannot change anyone - I am no match for the pwoer of God. I do believe that He prompts me to speak the truth in someone's life...but this does not guarantee that it will change a person - as ONLY GOD CAN CHANGE A PERSON.

For those who love their sin - pray that they develop a hatred for it.
For those who have turned from their faith, pray for return to HIm.

I don't try to fix or change people anymore. I used to - guilty as charged. Over the recent year or so...I have lived this and pray this for many people around me. Now, I just pray. Pray to let their anger go away, their problems, their hatred, their addiction, their blame, their lies. Following that devotional, appropriately came this scripture:
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
-- 2 Corinthians 7:10
We're all sinners. We are still responsible for us - no matter who did what first. Like I said before, I'm very "new" to this. To get a better understanding of this I had to look up the definitions in the back of my bible and it really made more sense to me after:
  • REPENTANCE - To turn away from sin; to be sorry for what one has doeneand to promise not to do it again.
  • SALVATION - Deliverance from the guilt & power of sin. By his death and resurrection Jesus brings salvation to people who believe in him.
I know I've said it before, but - wow. Just wow. How do you even grasp that. I sure can't, not yet anyway. And more from 2 Corinthians:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
-- 2 Corinthians 5:17
"His mercies are new every morning. Repent your sin. Receive the forgiveness offered to you and proclaim God's faithfulness for the rest of your days."


As I read and studies the devotionals for days 9 & 10, I couldn't help but feel that God was speaking to me about my dad. I did share these scriptures with him and have no idea if he got them, but I felt that I had to send them his way just in case.


I could share so so so much more, but they're more intimate moments that I've had that are just for me. It's never to late to join #SheReadsTruth! I hope you do!

SheReadsTruth
I've also linked this up with #SheShares a new link up and great way to connect with the ladies participating in #SheReadsTruth every Friday!
SheReadsTruth

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. "For those who love their sin - pray that they develop a hatred for it."

    Love this. I'm going to start praying this way.

    Is your husband Catholic/Christian too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment again, Kelley!

      My husband and his whole family are Christian. I know without a doubt in my heart, that God lead me to Jay and he (& He!) is the reason why I found my faith again and it continues to grow and grow and grow!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your heart! Your passion for the Lord is evident in your post! It is so great to "get to know" fellow Christian sisters through their blog! I pray the Lord will continue to reveal Himself to you through your study. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading and commenting! I feel such a bond with all these Christian ladies too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment! I reply to all my comments so come back and take a look or subscribe to responses!