Big difference, isn't it?! I had a heck of a time with both of these pictures! He isn't a big fan of being upright!
Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz
At birth he weighed 6 lbs 5 oz...so he's almost gained 3 lbs and half of his body weight! Ethan is exclusively breastfed and I guess mama's serving the cream. This makes it okay for me to guzzle egg nog for the next 6 weeks because it will go right through me to Ethan, right? Okay...didn't think so!
And here's some more Ethan updates:
- Up for the day anywhere from 5:30-6:30 (Mommy doesn't like this, I am not nor never will be a morning person - but that's ok!)
- Braden gets up 6:30-7:00
- Ethan eats, of course, and then has wake time for about 1.5 hours, plays on his play mat a bit
- He always has his morning nap in the swing in the living room. I like that I can see him and he's not "hiding" in his room all day & night!
- He usually naps about 3 hours and this is when I do my computer stuff, eat breakfast, drink coffee, and Braden plays and/or watches a show - this is awesome time!
- He'll wake up, eat, and go right back to sleep - this is usually when I go off and do any errands I need to for the day
- After that nap sometimes he has a bit of a wake period, sometimes he goes back to sleep - he pretty much sleeps all day still
- He usually naps through dinner time (yes!) and then he's awake off and on and eats throughout the evening
- He has a bath every night because I cannot resist a freshly bathed newborn - he tolerates his baths now, but doesn't enjoy them yet!
- Often I get my snuggle in with him while he naps on me for at least a part of the evening and I love it. I never really did this with Braden and I'm making a point of enjoying it
- Ethan goes down to sleep anywhere from 9:30-11:30, depending on how much he's eating and gives me anywhere from a 3 - almost 6 hour first stretch of sleep
- He eats really well and then goes for another 2-4 hours and is up for the day after that
- He's still wearing newborn size in some things...but today I made the heartbreaking transition and realization that he is indeed starting to wear 0-3 month clothes very well! I hated retiring his whale sleeper...it was the first thing he ever wore
- His feet are not made for socks...they're too skinny!
- Still wearing newborn/extra small cloth diapers, though some of the smaller ones are getting a bit snug!
- If he keeps gaining like he is, he'll be in smalls before he turns 2 months!
- In the day about every 3 hours or so, technically only up once at night to feed, but he goes to bed late and wakes up early...so it's really more like 2!
- I'm going to do a post tomorrow about our trip to the lactation consultant