|Did you belly ever go lopsided like this!?|
Let me just give you the shortened version of Braden's birth story and why I am a little concerned for what this labor and delivery might be like:
- 3 days overdue
- 2PM pregnancy massage
- 5PM Chinese food supper
- 5:30PM irregular contractions begin 7-12 minutes apart
- 6PM start losing mucous plug
- contractions get a bit closer as the evening goes on, but nothing painful yet
- 11PM try to go to bed
- 11:30 PM call hospital with regular contractions 5 minutes apart lasting about 30 seconds, they say wait until they're 4 minutes apart and come
- 12AM decide to have a shower and head to hospital
- 2AM arrive at hospital admitted and I'm 3 cm & 50% effaced - I mark this as the start of my official labor as contractions were regular at 4 mins and getting uncomfortable/painful
- 5:30AM labor continues, nurse checks me and I'm 8 cm
- 6AM doctor comes in to break my water and says I'll have the baby within 2 hours
- 20 minutes of pushing....
- 7:59AM Braden is born
- no tears, no problems! (Note: that's as in delivery "down there" tears...not tears from your eyes...there were plenty of happy tears!)
I think my body is already telling me this might be fast. My hips/pelvis started to spread weeks ago, and I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when this baby actually drops! Braden was a nice 7 lbs 11 oz and I didn't tear at all (by the grace of God, clearly...I don't know how that's physically possible!) and I'm thinking this baby will be about the same size, maybe a tad smaller even? Plus, my body has done this already. It knows, it remembers.
Mind you, I have read many a birth story that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. labor and delivery was the longest lasting over 18 hours, etc! So only God knows. I do trust Him that he will take care of us and ensure our health & safety...it's all I can do. This gives me peace...at least to some degree! Plus, then there's remembering the pain of it all. I did it natural and med-free, so that's obviously my goal again. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.
And then I realized this today:
I'm not panicking about the arrival of the baby, moreso that NOTHING is ready and it's NOT my fault. Type A. Mild OCD...that's me! The nursery would be done. The itty bitty newborn clothes would be washed, as well as the itty bitty cloth diapers...but I have nowhere to put it. You can read why here. BUT my carpenter did come yesterday and is supposed to actually start the WORK tomorrow. Pray for us!
- My BP 96/64 - normal for me and so thankful it's not high!
- My heartrate 68, totally forgot to ask what Squishy's was...but it was there, that's all that matters
- Measuring 29 cm, so about 3 weeks behind. Was always 1-2 weeks behind with Braden too.
- Squishy is HEAD DOWN! Heck yes! So happy about this, I was almost certain s/he was transverse!
Appointments go to every 2 weeks now! Also, how adorable is Braden? We love our Dr. Maseka - he is so wonderful with kids, Braden wanted to have his tummy checked too and said "fank you, Dr. 'seka!" when he was all done! ::heart melted::
I'm 33 weeks tomorrow! The odd weeks never seem as celebratory as the even weeks...just me!? Anyways, we're off to a wedding for a couple of nights so unless I get a post scheduled for the weekend, it'll be a bit quiet around these parts. Have a wonderful weekend!